Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Search terms that will bring you to Blacktating

Liz at Los Angelista often posts the funny, wacky or downright scary search terms that land people on her blog. I regularly get some doozies as well, so I thought I'd share. All of these are verbatim, grammatical errors and all,  I swear!


1. How big where Mayim Bialik's breasts?
When she was on Blossom? While she was breastfeeding? When? Not that I know the answer either way. I'm just sort of surprised anyone is that interested in this topic, but I guess everyone has their thing.


2. Sabrina the Teenage Witch
I used to  LOVE Sabrina the Teenage Witch when I was a teen. Salem the cat really stole the show, no?


3. Why after having a kid does a woman not want to be intament?
Men need to understand that taking care of a newborn is seriously exhausting. Your wife/girlfriend is too tired to be thinking about being "intament" because she's got a tiny baby who is dependent upon her for everything. If she's breastfeeding, her hormones are responsible for zapping her libido, and that's by design. Mother Nature wants her to finish nurturing the baby she's already got before she goes and gets herself another one. Listen, I'm guessing if you even have to ask this question you are not helping out enough. Maybe she'll be more in the mood if you take over some of the baby care so she can rest or take a shower.


4. Sean Patrick Thomas breastfeeding.
I highly doubt it.


5. Is Alicia Keys breastfeeding?
Even more doubtful than above.


6. A word to describe breastfeeding?
Beautiful. Natural. Normal. Best. Difficult. Amazing.


7. I couldn't breastfeed.
Even though most women are physiologically capable of breastfeeding, there are a lot of reasons why it might not work out. If you were unsuccessful the first time, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to do it next time with the proper support and information. But yes, some women simply cannot breastfeed. I feel awful for any mom who really wants to nurse who finds herself in this position.


8. How to be OK with stopping breastfeeding.
I've talked a lot about how my son and I had a rough start to breastfeeding. I had always wanted to breastfeed and I was determined to make it work. I knew that for me, I would never forgive myself if I didn't exhaust every option before throwing in the towel. There were many, MANY times when I wanted to stop, but I kept on because I felt like we could get it right eventually and I wanted the best for my son. Only you can know when it's time to stop breastfeeding, for whatever reason, and once you make your decision, you have to own it. Pat yourself on the back for making it however long you did and move on. There is a lot more to feel guilty about, trust me, so no need to dwell on breastfeeding.

9. Is Similac safe now?
About as safe as any infant formula can be, meaning there may no longer be beetles in it, but there are still risks to using formula.

10. Is it wrong for a lesbian to breastfeed their baby?
I have no clue why it would be. I'd love it if every woman breastfed her baby.

11. Women breastfeeding other women.
I just.....can't.

12. Elita
Yes?

Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here. Follow me on Twitter- I'm @Blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails